- £29.95 – £44.95
Palawan – the hemp backpack you need for the sustainable lifestyle you want.
This stylish, compact and durable backpack is the perfect companion for your daily life, plus:
- FREE shipping within the UK.
- We plant a tree with every order.
- Exclusive beautiful design with secret pockets.
- High-quality, durable and comfortable.
- Plastic-free packaging, 100% recyclable.
- 10% of our profits are donated to Yuwa.
- 60-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee.
- Dimensions: 35x26x10cm – Capacity: 10 Litres
Now, select your favourite colour!
The ethical backpacks you need for the sustainable lifestyle you want
Whether you need a backpack for work, uni or travels, you know that there is more to it than just buying a bag. Like us, you want to find meaning by being part of a cause larger than yourself. You want to make a difference through your decisions and purchases and leave a legacy for a better future. Our sustainable hemp backpacks will help you achieve just that.
Why sustainable backpacks?
You probably struggle to find high-quality, comfortable and beautiful backpacks that are also made sustainably, ethically and 100% vegan. Maybe you also feel frustrated when you see how unethical, fast fashion brands exploit people, animals and the environment. We feel the same way.
Our purpose is to help you bridge the gap between fashion and sustainability. How do we do that? Our sustainable, ethical backpacks will ensure you look and feel great whilst having a positive impact on the world. They are also high-quality, beautiful and comfortable.
Hemp backpacks – our change-makers
Hemp is our fabric of choice – our change-maker. Why? First of all, because hemp is an invasive plant on the hills of Nepal, where we manufacture our hemp backpacks. Secondly, even when hemp is harvested, it requires less than half of the land required by cotton to produce the same amount of textiles. Thirdly, to produce 1kg of hemp, a farmer only needs between 300 and 800 litres of water, whilst 1kg of cotton takes a whopping 20,000 litres of water!
On top of this, hemp is one of the strongest natural fibres in the world, being stronger, more durable, and better insulating than cotton. All of this combined makes hemp the perfect natural material for our sustainable hemp backpacks.
It’s more than just an ethical backpack
Just using sustainable hemp fabrics is not enough for us. We also ensure that our sustainable backpacks are made ethically. They are all made in Nepal, a country rich in traditions. Our ethical backpacks are handmade by people from disadvantaged communities. We believe in empowerment through livelihoods and life skills. We work very closely with our partners and suppliers to ensure good, safe working conditions and decent wages.
We’ve also put a lot of thought into our packaging. We wanted to ensure that sustainability is present all the way from the factory to your door. Because of that, our sustainable backpacks will arrive at your door in plastic-free, 100% recyclable packaging – and with free delivery in the UK!
Imagine your new lifestyle with our sustainable backpacks
Think about how your life would be if you just carried on ‘business as usual’:
- A feeling of helplessness, as you continue to buy products that are made with unsustainable materials, contributing to plastic pollution and large CO2 emissions.
- Frustration, caused by continuing to support unethical companies that exploit people, animals and the environment.
Now, picture your better, more sustainable lifestyle, after you have chosen one of our ethical backpacks:
- You look and feel great with your hemp backpack thanks to its beautiful, comfortable and higher-quality designs.
- You feel fulfilled by belonging to a global community striving for a better world, choosing sustainable and vegan materials, ethical processes and plastic-free packaging.